The Intelsat 27 satellite is based on the Boeing 702MP mid-level power platform.
Designed to provide 15 or more years of satellite service, the Intelsat 27 spacecraft will carry 20 C-band transponders for coverage over the Americas and Europe, and 20 Ku-band transponders with mobility beams spanning the north Atlantic, Mexico and Brazil.
IS-27 vital statistics:
- Platform: Boeing Satellite Systems 702MP
- Dimensions, in orbit:
- H, 7.4 m
- W, antennas: 9.25 m
- L, solar arrays: 36.85 m
- Mass at Launch: 6,215 kilograms ( 13,702 lbs.)
- The payload is powered by two solar wings, with three panels of ultra triple-junction gallium arsenide solar cells.
- Power at end-of-life: 8.4 kW
- Operational Lifetime: 15+ years